Saturday, February 7, 2009

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.

Date : Jan 29 - 21:55 - Mission - To board Kanyakumari Express to go to my home..sweet home.
22:00 - Train arrives . Board the train hoping to see a good looking female just opposite to my berth. But as bad luck would have it I get an elderly couple. Not the first time it has happened so I'm quite used to these kind of disappoinments. Anyways the story continues.

22.30 - No sign of TT and everybody is getting restless, nah, not to sleep but to go the bathroom because they didnt want to miss the TT when they are at the bathroom. Meanwhile confusion breaks out as to which berth to occupy. For the benefit of ppl who have not travelled in Trains recently ..Now there are 81 berths compared to 72 what we had before. confusion being which berth to occupy, the old system of numbering or the new system of numbering the seats.

22.45 - Still waiting for the TT. The babies start crying.even they are restless.

22.50 - Mom calls.even she is restless. wants to know if her only son boarded the train.

22.55- The TT finally arrives.ends the cofusion and asks us to follow the old numbering. proving time and again that the Railways are a confused lot themselves. Now why would u invest so much money on increasing the number of berths and not actually use it.

23:55 - People finally get a chance to go the bathroom and hit the berth. and like everybody else I also hit the berth.

00:35 - The train stops and I'm awaken by a loud roaring sound. and no prize for any guesses...its the person next to me snoring away to glory. and now since i was wide awake and my neighbour in train showing no signs of letting me sleep my thoughts began to wander...which led me to a question.. Why do People Snore??.. So i googled it and found the answer.

Vibrations of soft tissues located at the back of our throats cause the noisy, annoying sounds of snoring

The palate, uvula and tonsils are the tissue structures that flap against each other when someone has too much tissue at the back of their mouth or when an obstruction is blocking the air passageway to the back of the throat.

People with snoring problems tend to have one of the following conditions:
Poor muscle tone in the tongue and throat
Excessive bulkiness of throat tissue
Long soft palate and/or uvula tissue in the back of the mouth
Obstructed nasal airways

See, This blog is not just a waste of time. apart from ruining your day by reading this, it also imparts knowledge. hmmmm maybe i Should start thinking of a new name for my blog.

Anyways, Its not a Happy Ending altogether. Return Journey in a bus, I end up with a same fate . This time its a guy who should be younger to me, i guess, since he is still in college, and i thought only old people snore.

And for all the snorers out there including my buddy Vishnu, You rock, so you shoud just go ahead and join a rock band.

Doesnt make sense huh??... I guess i should just stick on with Waste of Time.

1 comment:

aysh said...

Hey you dint write everything abt your journey.....hmmmm